Employee Statement of Responsibilities
As an employee of the , it is my responsibility to:
- Report to work drug and alcohol free.
- Know and observe all the < name of organization > safety and health rules.
- Practice accident prevention in my daily activities.
- Remember that my first duty is to supervise and engage the children – any playing that I do must not compromise my first duty.
- Follow proper lifting procedures at all times – get help for lifting heavy or awkward items.
- Walk carefully at all times – pay attention to where I place my feet.
- Wear footwear that is appropriate for the task or activity that I am doing.
- Report hazardous conditions and unsafe acts to my supervisor immediately.
- Keep aisles, walkways, and working areas clear of slipping and tripping hazards.
- Know evacuation procedures and the location of fire and safety exits.
- Keep all exit doors, exit pathways, stairways, and emergency equipment (e.g., fire extinguishers,
fire alarms, etc.) clear of obstacles.
- Refrain from fighting, horseplay, or any other activity that may distract other staff.
- Observe all Hazard, Warning, and No Smoking signs.
- Operate only the equipment for which I am authorized and properly trained and follow safe operating procedures.
- Make sure all guards and other protective devices are in their proper places prior to operating any equipment.
- Not wear loose clothing, jewelry, or long, unrestrained hair near machinery, equipment, or other sources of entanglement.
- Support all < name of organization > safe workplace programs.
- Report any job related injury, no matter how minor, to my supervisor immediately.
0 Three things that I will do to remain safe on the job are:
0 I have read the above, understand my responsibilities, and agree to abide by them.
Date Printed Employee Name Employee Signature
Date Printed Supervisor Name Supervisor Signature