Before & After School Program Safety
This is a preview, to complete the full training, please login to our training site:
YMCA Online Training
This training is currently available to YMCA customers. For access and support for this training module contact us.
The course review each of these topics:
- Understanding Supervision
- Best practices in child supervision
- Engaged supervision vs play
- Playground supervision strategies
- Bathroom supervision strategies
- Understanding the Environment
- Your facility vs school (off-site) facility
- Parents' expectation
- Environmental risks (e.g. folding tables)
- Bullying Prevention
- How to identify bullying
- How to stop bullying
- How to prevent bullying
- Sexual Abuse Prevention
- Understanding peer-to-peer sexual abuse
- Preventing peer-to-peer sexual abuse
- Understanding adult-to-child sexual abuse
- Protecting children from adult-to-child sexual abuse
45 Minute Training
This course gives a detailed review of the risks and exposures specific to YMCA Before and After School Programs.
Mission Focused for YMCAs
This course is presented with the pillars of the YMCA: Youth Development, Healthy Living and Social Responsibility by our Risk Consultant, Kristi Selker.
YMCA Security Camera Footage
The course presents security footage from Redwoods claims to provide real learning examples.
The course features several interactive quizzes to test your knowledge.